My then very special friend (now wife) arrived at my door in a panic.
“I’ve been bitten by a sting ray!” she exclaimed. “You have to take me to the hospital right now before the poison gets to my heart.”
Soon enough we were there. Not long thereafter we got the news:
“A jelly fish sting.”
Fast forward 10 years later, at the same beach, this time sting rays are lapping up at the shore.
“Probably not a good idea to go swimming,” I thought.
Turns out I was wrong.
And so we did without incident.
A week later, at the same beach, the coast was clear: No rays!
But we got stung anyhow.
You guessed it:
A jelly fish!